Sales Operations Manager
Position: Sales Operations Manager
Reporting to: Commercial Operations Director
Internal Stakeholders: Sales, Marketing, Product, Technology
A well-known online UK consumer business with a broad range of digital services, this company is recognised as one of the leading names in their specialist field. This company is a major Plc with an impressive track record of growth, a popular and well-advertised brand and a reputation for excellence.
Summary of Role:
Take ownership of the sales operation roadmap and drive significant benefits to both partners & commercial teams.
This highly visible, newly created role will work in close collaboration with senior leadership across the organisation to ensure timely delivery of commercial programmes.
The successful candidate will become pivotal in the successful execution of the commercial strategy & responsible for the commercial programme office.
• Partner with commercial leadership & cross functional teams across the organisation to identify, prioritise & deliver commercial initiatives
• Lead the Commercial Operations Team responsible for ensuring smooth project delivery, effective change management & improved processes that increase speed to market
• Provide leadership and advisory support in driving Sales Productivity, GTM Strategy, Sales Planning, Sales Analytics, and Key Sales Metrics Management
• Work with product development, marketing and operations functions in order to understand the timelines associated with delivery of key items of work
• Proactively monitor execution and performance of programmes against key performance indicators
• Provide influence and day-to-day leadership to ensure timely delivery and clear communication at all times
• Identify, develop and drive process enhancements, modifications and best practice development to the current operating model to deliver quantifiable improvements in financial performance, employee and customer satisfaction.
• Determine needs, strategy and performance improvement for use of technology across sales division so as to develop seamless internal/external relationships and transactions.
• Drives automation in Sales Ops processes; insure proper documentation and a programmatic approach to reporting and business intelligence.
• Create and/or contribute too structured programme plans from conception to completion, providing a view of key milestones across a number of individual initiatives.
• Flexible and willing to ‘roll sleeves up’ and support the wider organisation as projects and programmes develop
• An experienced programme leader possessing Operations, Analytics, Tactical and Strategic abilities to enhance and improve the effectiveness of the entire commercial organisation
• Strong experience in a Sales Operations/Finance environment
• Leadership in a Sales Operations/Finance environment
• Experience in Programme delivery across high frequency and low to high value items of work
• Proven track record as Business Partner to a senior leadership audience
• Strong understanding of sales processes and methodologies
• Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
• Knowledge of Salesforce, JIRA & common applications
• Advanced MS Office skills
• Flexibility, decision making, organizational and project management skills
• Ability to meet timelines and prioritize business needs within an extremely fast-paced, high-visibility role.
• Sophisticated influencer and able to communicate at all levels of the organisation
• Highly motivated with a desire to continuously learn and improve
• Strategic thinker with the ability to research, analyse and implement new ideas
• Agile enough to blend responsibility for envisioning creative solutions with leveraging a data-driven approach to validate these ideas.
• Strong sense of urgency
• Professional, resourceful, and patient