National Sales Manager
Based: Cheshire (2-3 days in office) with UK travel
Reports to: Managing Director
Salary: Six Figs OTE
Lawyer Checker is part of The Practical Vision Network, a portfolio of leading brands offering products and services that educate, protect and champion lawyers and their customers. Our intelligence, data and experience allow us to identify and create solutions for the legal sector which either protect or promote law firms and legal suppliers.
We are supported by our series of high-profile events in specialist legal areas including the British Wills and Probate awards, and by our specialist trade publications like Todays Conveyancer. The Practical Vision Network has extensive brand awareness and credibility, we are a recognised innovator in the legal sector and a leader in risk management and cybersecurity.
The Practical Vision Network is a privately owned company with ambitious growth objectives and a highly entrepreneurial culture. We are committed to investing in our people and driving evolution to services within the legal sector for the benefit of law firms and their clients
The National Sales Manager will sit on the senior management team and own the end-to-end sales strategy for all brands within The Practical Vision Network. They will be responsible for delivering a combination of new business and account management revenue across all products and services.
As the company grows the sales team must grow. The National Sales Manager will be responsible for the recruitment, training and development of the sales staff. They must set targets and measure their performance, motivating and coaching the team wherever appropriate.
The National Sales Manager must embrace the entrepreneurial nature of the business. They must be fast paced in order to keep up but understand how to bring others along with them. As a member of the senior management team, the National Sales Manager will play a key role in influencing the strategic direction of the company in the years to come.
The National Sales Manager will initially manage a team of 3 Key Relationship Managers (field-based), 1 Client Success Executive (office based) and 2 New Business Executives (office-based). Their team will grow sales to existing clients, develop new business, successfully onboard new customers, and manage all ongoing relationships.
The National Sales Manager must develop a productive sales pipeline and oversee all stages of the sales funnel. A large part of the role will be to motivate, support and coach team members throughout the sales and account management process. They must design and manage a commission structure that motivates the sales team to deliver results and rewards them for their successes.
The National Sales Manager will be accountable for the results of the sales team and the way in which they are achieved, upholding the reputation of The Practical Vision Network in a professional and positive manner.
- Lead, motivate, coach, and recruit sales professionals (both remote and office-based)
- Develop a detailed sales plan and communicate the plan to key stakeholders
- Own the mechanics of the sales function, set targets, design the commission plan
- Grow existing accounts and generate new sales opportunities and channels
- Design and implement an integrated sales strategy to achieve all targets
- Work closely with the Financial Controller on budgeting, forecasting, and planning
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing & Strategy to maximise the results of campaigns
- Ensure sales and marketing work as a team to deliver integrated commercial strategies
- Analyse data derived from the CRM and other systems (primarily PowerBi and Excel)
- Help us improve the way we use technology e.g. CRM, telephony etc to support sales
- Develop a strong understanding of the legal services sector, keep up to date on all developments and new practices
- Have innovative ideas about promoting the brands and products to increase sales
While the National Sales Manager will personally engage with clients, advocates and stakeholders, we consider the planning and management of the team as their primary function. We are not seeking a hero salesperson to be the figurehead of the company, but an accomplished and structured sales manager who can bring rigour and due process to the way we do business.
- Successful track record in sales strategy, leadership, and management
- Extensive experience in managing the end-to-end sales process
- A great planner, sales strategist and motivator
- Ambitious, commercial and focussed on outcomes
- Eloquent, with strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Able to work with other people in a positive and supporting way
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Able to understand a balance sheet
- Some experience of working with MS Excel and Dynamics
- Proactive, enthusiastic, passionate and team orientated
- Happy to take personal responsibility, good listening skills
- Legal sector experience considered desirable, but not a prerequisite