Position: Managing Director
Reporting to: Founder / CEO
Description of the Company:
hps is London’s leading supplier of cleaning services to the student accommodation sector, with an unrivalled client list including major London universities and the majority of private sector providers.
We have achieved this position over the last three years through a commitment to service delivery and an ability to forge strong relationships with our clients.
We have an ambitious plan to grow our core operations in London, whilst seeking expansion in to other areas of the country and different sectors.
Summary of Role:
Take ownership of the business and drive operational excellence, business growth and profitability.
This newly created role will work in close collaboration with the Founder, Marketing Officer and Operations Director to gain a solid understanding of the hps business and its clients
The MD will take a strong lead in operational delivery, devise and execute a business plan that delivers sustainable growth, and move the business into a less seasonal operation by developing business in new sectors.
• Take ultimate responsibility for delivering high quality services to clients, and maintaining excellent client relationships
• P&L responsibility, including cash flow management, debtor/creditor control and production of monthly management accounts
• Business growth, with existing and new clients
• Operational lead during peak periods in June and September
• Work with senior team to develop new business growth strategy to maintain current growth achievements (30%-50% pa)
• Identify new market sectors to flatten out seasonal peaks
• Work with the Operations Director to introduce strong systems and streamline the operational model, thereby improving delivery and increasing gross margins
• Experience of running a cleaning business or business division
• Experience of running large project based or seasonal cleaning contracts
• Ideally you will bring contacts and a sales pipeline from your previous roles
• Strong operational experience and a hands on mentality (especially important during June-Sept)
• Experience at implementing strong business systems
• Experience of prospecting for and winning new business and developing a growth business strategy
• P&L responsibility experience
• Collaborative, energetic, non-hierarchical, hands on, ambitious, inspiring with staff, charming with clients, looking for a challenge
• Keen to embrace the freedom and opportunity provided by a small company environment, but also accept the need to ‘do’ as well as ‘manage’
• Excellent organisational skills with an eye for detail
• Someone who sets and achieves high standards
Competitive basic salary, with a very generous profit-related bonus scheme and share options after qualifying period
Applicants should direct their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexander Rhodes Associates Ltd is the appointed intermediary for this search.