Head of Portfolio & Risk Solutions
Hometrack is a leading provider of residential property market intelligence and valuation data. Founded in 1999, they are trusted by major mortgage lenders, house builders and government bodies as a source of fast, accurate and precise property information.
Since launching their automated valuation model (AVM) in 2002, they have grown to be the market leader in AVM and now provide over 30 million automated valuations each year to lenders, investors, advisers, developers and housing associations, helping them decide where to invest and develop, what to lend on and how to optimise assets.
Hometrack is the market intelligence provider of choice for mortgage lenders, capital markets, the land development and property sectors. It is the clear market leader in the UK, with a leading position in Australia and a growing presence in Europe.
The Head of Portfolio & Risk Solutions will report directly to the Director of Finance & Capital Markets. The Finance & Capital Markets team manages the Large Financial Institutions (LFI’s) customer segment which contributes the majority of Hometrack’s revenue.
Hometrack seeks a well-connected and experienced financial services professional to source and win portfolio valuation and risk analytics business from new and existing customer accounts within the UK mortgage lending industry and other relevant financial institutions e.g. private equity, capital markets participants, regulators.
The Head of Portfolio and Risk Solutions will be required to develop contacts across the portfolio risk teams of all UK lenders and to establish the Hometrack portfolio valuation service as the first and best choice for accuracy, speed, flexibility and insight. In addition, the role would involve designing and working with the broader Hometrack team to deliver risk based analytics that add value to our customers’ businesses and become a key part of their regular risk monitoring and MI.
This role will suit an experienced risk management professional with empathy for the challenges and requirements of a modern risk department and the ability to help customers recognise the opportunity of fast and regular reassessment of their collateral value and risk profile.
The ideal candidate will be capable of disrupting established practices to drive change, have a combination of technical understanding and intellectual integrity and a persuasive and engaging character.
A track record of solution selling and relationship development/influencing at director level within LFIs/lenders would be considered advantageous.
• Partner with sales leadership and cross-functional teams across the organisation to identify, prioritise and deliver a business growth plan for the LFI sector
• Work with product development, marketing and operations to build a strong product suite for the LFI sector
• Grow and nurture relationships with key decision makers in the LFI sector to win new business and upsell the current customer base
• Work closely with the team to develop the LFI growth business plan
• Determine needs, strategy and performance improvements for use of technology across the LFI segment
• Work with clients to make Hometrack the partner of choice for all LFIs
• Demonstrate a flexibility and a willingness to ‘roll sleeves up’ and ensure client needs are always fully realised and delivered upon
• Retain empathy for the customer at all times, develop solutions and revenue by always working towards business benefit for the end-user
• An experienced financial services professional with experience of working with/in UK lender portfolio risk management teams, or a specialist from investment banking or consulting, dealing with CBs/RMBS or portfolio risk modelling
• Detailed knowledge of Basel ll guidelines, IRB and standard capital modelling or mortgage risk/profitability modelling would be a huge advantage
• Experience working within the portfolio risk management team, or treasury, or modelling/decision science area (dealing with mortgages) of a UK Mortgage Lender, or professional advisor thereto
• Experience in developing business plans and executing growth strategies
• Strong understanding of sales processes and methodologies
• Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
• Strong experience presenting to C-level client officers
• Adaptability, decision making, organisational and leadership skills
• Energy and an ability to flourish under pressure
• Sophisticated influencer able to communicate at all levels
• Highly motivated with a desire to win
• Strategic thinker with the ability to research, analyse and implement new ideas
• Strong sense of urgency
• Professional, resourceful and patient
Applicants should direct their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexander Rhodes Associates Ltd is the appointed intermediary for this search.