Head of Mortgage Origination Solutions
Hometrack is a leading provider of residential property market intelligence and valuation data. Founded in 1999, they are trusted by major mortgage lenders, house builders and government bodies as a source of fast, accurate and precise property information.
Since launching their automated valuation model (AVM) in 2002, they have grown to be the market leader in AVM and now provide over 30 million automated valuations each year to lenders, investors, advisers, developers and housing associations, helping them decide where to invest and develop, what to lend on and how to optimise assets.
Hometrack is the market intelligence provider of choice for mortgage lenders, capital markets, the land development and property sectors. It is the clear market leader in the UK, with a leading position in Australia and a growing presence in Europe.
The Head of Mortgage Origination Solutions will report directly to the Director of Finance & Capital Markets. The Finance & Capital Markets team manages the Large Financial Institutions (LFI’s) customer segment which contributes the majority of Hometrack’s revenue.
The role would carry responsibility for developing Hometrack’s business with new and existing customers within the LFI marketplace, with a particular focus on the ‘front book’ of mortgage lenders (incorporating valuation risk, credit risk and mortgage operations), but also extending to other areas of relevance for automated property valuations, including mortgage brokers, surveyors and suchlike.
An experienced and senior financial services professional, they will source and win new AVM business and cross-sale opportunities from Hometrack’s extensive UK lender client base. Retaining business by relationship building and brand re-enforcement will be critical success factors in this role and they will be integrally involved in the development of Hometrack’s propositions for this segment.
The existing client base also offers large up-sell opportunities and a chance to increase Hometrack’s product and service penetration into multiple functions within our customer’s businesses, and at multiple points within the end-to-end mortgage origination process.
Hometrack is looking for a strong relationship builder with an established track record with lenders, platform providers, panel-managers, property risk teams and AVM competitors who can leverage their breadth of contacts, reputation and knowledge to further develop Hometrack’s market position.
This is certainly a far broader business development and relationship remit than simply a sales role.
Core product focus:
• AVM for mortgage operations: encompassing origination, both re-mortgage and purchase, indicative deal checking, POS integrations, valuation audit, collections and recoveries and broker liaison.
• Desktop valuations: establishing an emerging new job-type placing Hometrack at the forefront of its development and adoption by UK lenders. Selecting execution partners and establishing mutually beneficial relationships with those chosen.
• AVM product enhancement: incorporating additional mortgage risk augmentations to respond to client demands and emerging concerns.
• Valuation typology assessment and workflow: working with lenders to build platform based rules to ensure the chosen valuation route is the most suitable at all times from a risk, cost, efficiency and customer experience perspective.
• Partner with sales leadership and cross-functional teams across the organisation to identify, prioritise and deliver a business growth plan for the LFI sector
• Good balance of sales and proposition/solutions development
• Work with product development, marketing and operation to build a strong product suite for the LFI sector
• Demonstrate a flexibility and a willingness to ‘roll sleeves up’ and ensure client needs are always fully realised and delivered upon
• Retain empathy for the customer at all times, develop solutions and revenue by always working towards business benefit for the end-user
• Work closely with the team to develop the LFI growth business plan
• Determine needs, strategy and performance improvements for use of technology across the LFI segment
• Work with clients to make Hometrack the partner of choice for all LFIs
• Flexible and willing to ‘roll sleeves up’ to ensure client needs are fully achieved
• Deep understanding of mortgage and credit risk operations, preferably gained from within a mortgage lender
• An experienced financial services professional with experience of working with UK lender mortgage operations teams
• Someone who has experience with supplying valuation and risk management services to UK lenders
• A track record of solutions based selling and relationship development/influencing at director level/c-suite would be highly advantageous
• Experience in developing business plans and executing growth strategies
• Strong understanding of sales processes and methodologies
• Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
• Strong experience presenting at a senior level within financial services
• Huge energy and desire to success
• Adaptability, decision making, organisational and leadership skills
• Ability to flourish under pressure
• Sophisticated influencer able to communicate at all levels
• Highly motivated with a desire to win
• Strategic thinker with the ability to research, analyse and implement new ideas
• Strong sense of urgency
• Professional, resourceful, and patient
Applicants should direct their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexander Rhodes Associates Ltd is the appointed intermediary for this search.