Chief Marketing Officer
Mezzo Labs presents Uplifter, a revolutionary AI-driven web analytics tool.
Uplifter turns the data from Google Analytics into actionable insight, automating web analytics and helping businesses sell more online.
Uplifter’s innovative SaaS platform puts the power of enterprise-level digital marketing into the hands of small business owners and ecommerce managers.
Uplifter is the result of a two-year development project with the data science faculty of the University of Westminster and 10 years of learning from the parent company, Mezzo Labs.
More information at www.uplifter.ai
Uplifter Ltd is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mezzo Labs Ltd. It is currently pre-funding, with Mezzo Labs providing its working capital. Uplifter will be seeking seed investment in late 2019 for fund growth into 2020.
Mezzo Labs Ltd is the largest independent web analytics agency in the UK. It is profitable and privately owned. It employs 30 people in offices in London and Hong Kong and delivers analytics as a service for corporate customers in financial services, utilities, broadcasting, charity, education and many other sectors.
More information at www.mezzolabs.com
The Chief Marketing Officer will be a highly commercial role and pivotal to the success of Uplifter. They will own the customer acquisition target, together with the marketing strategy, marketing budget and the funnel to help them achieve it.
They must understand the needs of the marketplace and constantly adapt the value proposition to match. They will create a compelling brand narrative, value proposition and sales message designed to win new customers in all verticals around the world. They must develop a sustainable, flexible, automated buying process which is fast, simple and dynamic.
Key metrics for success will be the number of users acquired, the cost of acquisition and customer lifetime value.
They will also be responsible finding and managing key partners in each vertical to provide an indirect channel to market.
In 2019, the objective is to find and convert 2,000 Uplifter users in key verticals in the UK and SE Asia, and ensure these clients are using the product to commercial benefit. We hope to secure funding at the end of the year that will increase market penetration in the following years.
From 2020 onwards, the focus will shift from winning free users in key verticals, in English-speaking countries, to winning fee-paying subscribers across all verticals, in all digital economies around the world.
The Chief Marketing Officer will be instrumental in driving this kind of rapid adoption, using scalable models that can be applied quickly and effectively to each target market.
The aim is for Uplifter to be the world’s #1 choice in digital intelligence applications… but we are going need to scale extremely fast to beat Google, Adobe, Salesforce and Oracle.
- Achieving the customer acquisition target in the sales plan
- Concept, branding, creative
- Marketing communications, social media, PR, blogging
- Paid media, natural search, email marketing
- Public demonstrations, general evangelising
- Optimising the customer acquisition process, including lead generation, lead nurturing, lead conversion and management of the Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC)
- Partner engagement and management
- Eventually to scale their team, recruit new talent, build the business as part of the senior leadership team
- At least 10 years’ experience in the marketing technology or analytics sector
- A proven track record of success in growth environments
- Experience of working in a small company (preferably start-up or scale-up)
- Current knowledge of latest marketing technologies and the digital marketing landscape
- An understanding of how marketers use web analytics tools, including Google and Adobe
- An understanding of marketing analytics technology (Google Analytics 360, Adobe Analytics Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, DMPs, data visualisation tools, CRO tools)
- Sociable, empathetic, generous and likeable member of the team
- Curious, energetic, positive, enthusiastic, with an enquiring mind
Pay and Benefits
Basic salary plus extensive benefits package and performance-based bonus
Equity EMI share options