Chief Commercial Officer
A major player in the digital space with a global presence and headquarters in London, this company is a private equity backed fast-track with a suite of specialist digital and internet services for the blue chip & corporate marketplace.
With a world class reputation this company is the recognised brand leader in what they do, they hold a dominant share of their core market and have demonstrated impressive double digit growth for several consecutive years.
The CCO will be required to develop and implement an integrated sales, marketing & product strategy designed to increase market share and deliver organic business growth.
The CCO will be required to structure, develop and scale a performance driven sales & marketing function capable of acquiring new business, retaining and growing existing customer spend and developing channel partner revenue from a potentially global blue chip & corporate customer base.
Initially this role will hold responsibility for the UK business but with the intention for it to grow into a global leadership role over time.
This role requires a competent commercial leader with a track record of managing large sales and marketing departments including all revenues, targets and costs. This role reports directly into the UK Managing Director and sits on the UK senior leadership team.
• Delivery of an integrated commercial plan aligning product, marketing and sales strategy to achieve the company’s growth goals and wider ambitions
• Managing a sales team of 50 people based in London, combining new business and account management specialists to achieve targeted revenue figures through a structured and professional sales approach
• Taking ownership of the UK proposition to market, ensuring regular customer feedback is provided to the Product Management team and that the needs of the UK business are reflected in the product development roadmap
• Creating an optimised management structure, reporting systems and sales process designed to ensure a dedicated ongoing focus on performance management and personnel retention
• Ensuring the building blocks of consistently excellent sales performance are in place, paying close attention to managing activity, pipeline, opportunity creation and opportunity conversion rates across all sales people
• The continual development, mentoring and training of all team members to achieve highly proficient sales process, with all operating to a well understood and executed sales methodology
• Must currently be a qualified Sales or Commercial Director with a track record of success delivering annual revenue targets in excess of £25m+
• An inspirational leader, capable of adding intellectual value to complex sales challenges, motivating and energising the team at scale to be the very best they can be
• Must have a credible and quantifiable background in commercial management including outstanding sales results, conversion ratios, customer acquisition numbers and revenue retention
• Should be an expert in the application of value based selling techniques, effective needs identification and solution led selling
• Data proficient and driven, the ideal candidate will have a hands-on approach to sales and sales management but always use information to rationalise their decision making
• Will be able to identify challenges, develop initiatives and progress these in partnership with key internal stakeholders
• Must love being in the field with the sales staff, working at the coal face, willing to lead from the front whilst also managing an effective team at scale
• Will be an excellent brand ambassador
• Experience of a digital agency/professional services environment is highly preferred, must have a relevant working knowledge of web technologies & tools, apps and social media