Director of Financial Services & Capital Markets
Hometrack is the leading provider of residential property analytics, insight and data used to inform critical decision making across the residential property ecosystem. Founded in 1999, they are trusted by major mortgage lenders, house builders and government bodies as a source of fast, accurate and precise property data.
Since launching their automated valuation model (AVM) in 2002, they have grown to be the UK market leader in AVM and now provide over 30 million automated valuations every year to lenders, investors, advisers, developers and housing associations, helping them decide where to invest and develop, what to lend on and how to optimise their assets.
In February 2017 Hometrack was acquired by Zoopla Property Group Plc, bringing together two of the UK’s leading residential property data suppliers and creating the most valuable residential analytics resource in the process. With unrivalled capabilities and the investment and resources of a FTSE 250 parent company Hometrack is committed to the continued growth and quality of its services and products, and to cementing its position as the UK market leader.
Hometrack has a heavy vertical focus with c. 85% of group revenue being generated from financial services and capital markets including: Large financial institutions (LFI’s), mortgage lenders, mortgage brokers, mortgage insurers, FinTech, financial regulators, private equity and commercial lenders. For obvious reasons the Financial Services & Capital Markets (FS&CM) customer segment is paramount to Hometrack and critical to their continuing success.
Director of Financial Services & Capital Markets (DFS&CM) will be responsible for Hometrack’s primary customer segment including all sales revenue, proposition development and profitability. They will be responsible for the commercial delivery of Hometrack products to the financial services marketplace and all customer facing and delivery teams within the Financial Services & Capital Markets department.
DFS&CM will be responsible for designing and executing a sales and proposition strategy designed to win market share and deliver organic business growth. To achieve this they will manage the sales, client analytics and customer service teams, and also own the P&L for the FS&CM department.
The DFS&CM will report directly to the CEO (MD Zoopla Data Services) and sit on the Hometrack senior leadership team. The DFS&CM must be capable of working autonomously to identify, develop and monetize new channels of business. They must recruit, train, develop and motivate a professional team of subject matter experts capable of delivering the Hometrack strategic vision, eventually extending beyond AVM services into new and innovative data solutions.
• All sales, marketing, business development and customer service activities for the finance and capital markets customer segment including key account relationships and new business growth
• Full accountability for all customer relationships, outcomes and the profitability of services delivered to mortgage lenders and large financial institutions
• Developing the proposition, designing a product roadmap to deliver innovative value-adds for the finance and capital markets customer segment, maintaining the integrity of the data and the technology that underpins it, always being a step ahead of local and international competitors
• Providing thought leadership, being a data evangelist, becoming the recognised public face and voice of Hometrack for the finance and capital markets, public speaking where necessary, blogging when possible, attending events and engaging with potential PR opportunities
• Collaborating with dedicated data science, technology and software engineering teams to deliver the best proposition for residential property analytics in the UK
• Negotiating and implementing contracts with a wide range of values (circa £10k -£1m+)
• Identifying new business opportunities and partnerships in the financial services space, developing new revenue streams where appropriate and monetising 3rd party relationships where possible
• Producing plans and revenue forecasts, implementing the sales strategy, managing the pipeline, predicting future profitability and market trends/changes
• Providing post-sale support to all customers, create mutually beneficial relationships based on the inherent value of the Hometrack solution, constantly adapting to the needs of the market and evolving the proposition to match
• Recruiting staff at all levels, training and developing them, building and maintaining a professional sales team with the highest levels of honesty and integrity, creating a culture that thrives on product knowledge and marketplace awareness
• Reporting line into the CEO, responsible for being the voice of the FS&CM customer on the senior leadership team, collaboratively working across all departments and with other senior managers
• Delivery of targeted sales performance, owning and controlling the budget for the FS&CM department and contributing to a positive P&L outcome for the wider business
Description of the candidate:
• 10-15 years senior experience in financial services, preferably in a consumer banking or retail financial services environment e.g. mortgages, pensions, life assurance, credit cards, loans or private banking
• Recognised industry heavyweight and thought leader, a proven innovator with broader financial services or banking experience, a background in creating and building disruptive products and operations for the financial services space
• Outstanding commercial strategist, capable of developing and executing sales strategies that deliver high levels of customer retention and profitable organic growth, track record of launching new products and taking them to market
• Extensive peer-to-peer experience at senior and board level within consumer banking, proven ability to drive c-suite engagement and develop commercial relationships at the highest possible levels
• Previous P&L ownership, previous commercial leadership experience in a senior capacity, previous C-suite or executive board level experience within financial services
• High energy, adaptable, strategic thinker, world-class organisational skills, strong commercial acumen, strong sales/business development focus, highly motivated, charismatic and respected
• Highly commercial, track record in sales leadership and building highly commercial teams, and managing, developing and mentoring sales professionals
• An inspiring sales manager, capable of adding intellectual value to complex sales processes and motivating others around them to do the same, positive attitude, professional and collaborative approach with staff and customers
• Extremely high levels of numeracy and literacy, analytical by nature, likes working with data
• Graduate level degree or Masters preferred, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or similar quantitative disciplines highly valued