Director of Financial Services & Capital Markets
Hometrack is a leading provider of residential property data and collateral risk management solutions. Partnering with 13 of the top 15 UK mortgage lenders, Hometrack’s clients account for 75% of the UK mortgage market. Hometrack also operates in the Netherlands and Italy.
Since launching their automated valuation model (AVM) in 2002, they have grown to be the UK market leader in AVM and collateral risk management. Hometrack now conducts over 50 million automated valuations every year for its clients.
These valuations help lenders, investors, advisers, developers and housing associations decide where to invest and develop, what to lend on and how to optimise their assets. Hometrack plays a key role in the digitalisation of the UK mortgage proposition as well as helping lenders strengthen their collateral risk management capabilities (including capital and IFRS9 modelling).
In 2017 Hometrack was acquired by Zoopla Property Group (ZPG), bringing together two of the UK’s leading residential property data providers and creating a valuable analytics resource in the process.
In 2018 US Private Equity firm Silver Lake acquired ZPG. Silver Lake is a global leader in technology investing, with their backing ZPG has an even stronger platform to drive disruption and improvements across the property technology sector.
Hometrack is a critical component of ZPG’s Property division, bringing data excellence and analytics to the entire group to enable ZPG to fulfil its strategy. Hometrack reports into the Data Services GM, which in turn is directly accountable to the Head of Property at ZPG.
Hometrack’s analytics and insight inform critical decision making across the residential property ecosystem, and they are trusted by major mortgage lenders, house builders and government bodies as a source of fast, accurate and precise property data.
1.2 Director of Financial Services and Capital Markets
Reporting to: General Manager
Hometrack has a heavy vertical focus with c. 85% of group revenue being generated from financial services and capital markets including: Large financial institutions (LFI’s), mortgage lenders, mortgage brokers, mortgage insurers, FinTech, financial regulators, private equity and commercial lenders.
The Director of Financial Services & Capital Markets (DFS&CM) will be responsible for the financial services and capital markets sector. They must design and execute a commercial GTM strategy designed to win market share and deliver accelerated business growth. To achieve this they will manage the sales, client analytics and customer service teams and also own the P&L for the FS&CM department.
The DFS&CM must be capable of identifying and monetizing new channels of business, eventually extending beyond AVM services into new and innovative data solutions. Building a compelling product roadmap for the FS&CM customer is critical to the success and continued growth of Hometrack.
- Delivery of targeted sales performance, owning and controlling the budget for the FS&CM department and contributing to a positive P&L outcome for the wider business
- All sales, marketing, business development and customer service activities for the finance and capital markets customer segment, including key account relationships and new business growth
- Full accountability for customer success and the profitability of services delivered to mortgage lenders and large financial institutions
- Develop a product roadmap that will deliver innovative value-adds for the customer, maintain the integrity of the data and the technology that underpins it, keep Hometrack one step ahead of the competition
- Collaborate with dedicated data science, technology and software engineering teams to deliver the best proposition for residential property analytics in the UK
- Negotiate and implement contracts with a wide range of values (circa £10k -£1m+)
- Produce plans and revenue forecasts, implement the sales strategy, manage the sales funnel, predict future profitability and market trends
- Provide excellent support to all customers, create relationships based on the inherent value of the Hometrack solution, constantly adapt to the needs of the market and evolve the proposition to match
- Identify new business opportunities and partnerships in the financial services space, develop new revenue streams where appropriate and monetise 3rd party relationships where possible
- Provide thought leadership on the data proposition, represent the FS&CM customers to the wider ZPG business, collaborate with senior managers across all departments to create better product
- Be an evangelist for the Hometrack data resource, represent ZPG to the FS&CM marketplace, attend events where appropriate and engage with positive PR opportunities
- Recruit, train and develop a professional team of subject matter experts capable of delivering the Hometrack vision, instil the highest levels of honesty and integrity, create a culture that thrives on knowledge and awareness
- 10+ years’ experience in financial services with extensive exposure to the UK mortgage market
- Direct or indirect experience of collateral risk management within the capital markets sector (e.g. securitisations, covered bonds)
- Recognised industry heavyweight and thought leader, a proven innovator with broader financial services or banking experience, a background in creating and building disruptive products and operations for the financial services space
- Good understanding of the regulatory landscape impacting valuation services, including Basel and IFRS9
- Outstanding commercial strategist, capable of developing and executing sales strategies that deliver high levels of profitable growth, a track record of launching new products and taking them to market is vital
- Extensive peer-to-peer experience at senior and board level within consumer banking, proven ability to drive c-suite engagement and develop commercial relationships at the highest possible levels
- Previous P&L ownership, previous C-suite or executive board level experience preferably within financial services
- High energy, adaptable and strategic, highly motivated, charismatic and respected
- Highly commercial, track record in sales leadership, building successful sales teams, managing, mentoring and developing sales professionals
- A strong sales strategist, capable of adding intellectual value to complex sales processes and motivating others to do the same, professional and collaborative approach with team members and customers
- Extremely high levels of numeracy and literacy, analytical by nature, likes working with data
- Graduate level degree or Masters preferred, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or similar quantitative disciplines highly valued