IT LAB Ltd http://www.itlab.com/
Today every business is a technology business, and the solutions and services that underpin our customers offering are vital to their success.
IT Lab is a multi-award winning IT services, support and solutions provider with over 16 years’ experience of delivering the highest standards of IT service to organisations across many sectors. ‘Service obsession’ is their trademark and remains at the heart of everything they do. IT Lab is ranked in the top 5 European and top 50 global managed services suppliers, they are number 80 on the Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100 and have been listed a Sunday Times Best Company to Work for since 2009.
IT Lab is evolving from delivering high quality IT managed services in partnership with its growing and increasingly sophisticated client base, into a transformational and consultative technology partner.
Following two acquisitions in 2015, and a significant fund raising completed in 2016, IT Lab is at an inflexion point ready to build on its current run rate revenues of £35m and £6m EBITDA base.
IT Lab’s key services include:
End User Support focused on maximising user productivity by designing and delivering support services to best suit its clients’ business and their users.
Cloud Computing services focused on providing a secure and seamless infrastructure and cloud service; application hosting and deployment; security design and implementation.
Strategic advisory services designed to help clients leverage technology as an enabler of improved business performance.
Enterprise application services involving the selection, deployment and integration of business applications that deliver core back and front office functionality, processes and systems that radically improve business outcomes.
Productivity applications enabling user led tools and working methodologies such as communication, collaboration, social and workflow capabilities that create a highly effective operating environment for employees.
IT Lab has recently partnered with ECI private equity and as part of their next growth phase requires a Commercial Director to lead all sales and business development, and ultimately all marketing activities.
Our ideal Commercial Director will have commercial leadership experience of an organisation moving progressively up the client value chain, but also be able to sell the complete breadth of services and capabilities defined by the client’s needs.
The Commercial Director will design and execute an integrated sales and marketing strategy that will deliver profitable, sustainable growth for IT Lab and significant value for their shareholders.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Commercial Director will initially manage the new business, account management, client development, channel sales teams and hold overall P&L responsibility for the commercial functions within the business. Their remit will grow over time to include the marketing team and all marketing activities.
The Commercial Director will have a heavy influence over proposition, strategy and the product roadmap, utilising customer feedback and marketplace data to support their ideas.
• Design and execute the sales strategy, grow the sales team, train and develop them, generate scalable, repeatable and predictable revenue, manage a multi-site department and lead from the front
• Sit in the senior executive team, actively contribute to the strategy and innovation debate, be the voice of the customer within the business, helping to shape the proposition
• Align key commercial departments and design commercial operations that support service delivery, add value for customers and contribute to the strategic objectives of the business
• Manage all sales processes, work alongside the Marketing Director on defining market segmentation and prospect data, pipeline management, account planning, proposals, bids and tenders
• Cooperate with the Marketing Director on go-to-market strategy, develop organic growth strategies designed to penetrate key customer verticals, develop an engaging and forward thinking marcomms strategy
• Lead a shift towards true customer engagement, develop a solutions led sales culture, position IT Lab as a visionary and progressive solutions provider, drive the customer engagement strategy, raise the profile of IT Lab as a consulting business
• Product marketing, marketing operations, lead generation, customer data and CRM
Commercial operations, reporting, pipelining and forecasting, sales support, sales admin
• Determine needs, strategy and performance improvements for use of technology across the LFI division
• Work with clients to make Hometrack the partner of choice for all LFIs
• Maintaining CRM (Salesforce) records to support client communication and marketing activities
• Delivery of MI reporting, leading the business in driving automation as part of the reporting process and deployment of more flexible MI options
• Delivery of new client implementation projects
• Extensive knowledge of IT systems and services, enterprise software, security, data and digital, and a background in solutions building, consulting or transformation
• A senior sales & marketing executive with a strategic outlook and a track record of delivering sales results, a solutions led sales person comfortable managing sales teams at scale and selling to customers themselves
• 10 years+ senior sales leadership experience in a b2b IT services, technology consulting, SaaS or digital environment, strong IT sales processes, highly accountable behaviour
• 10 years+ experience in recruiting sales professionals, building successful sales teams and developing sales cultures, can work to proven sales methodologies and train them in others
• Experience of working with PE partners, VC or within a Series A funded startup High energy, entrepreneurial, acts with integrity, leads from the front
Applicants should direct their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexander Rhodes Associates Ltd is the appointed intermediary for this search.