Hometrack is a leading provider of residential property data and collateral risk management solutions. They partner with 13 of the top 15 UK mortgage lenders in the UK, and their customers account for over 75% of the total UK mortgage market. Hometrack also operates in the Netherlands and Italy.
Since launching its automated valuation model (AVM) in 2002, Hometrack has grown to be the UK market leader in AVM and collateral risk management. They now carry out over 50 million automated valuations every year.
These valuations are vital to helping lenders, investors, advisers, developers and housing associations decide where to invest, develop, what to lend on and how to optimise their assets. Hometrack is playing a key role in the digitalisation of the UK mortgage proposition, as well as helping lenders strengthen their collateral risk management capabilities (including capital and IFRS9 modelling).
In 2017 Hometrack was acquired by Zoopla Property Group (ZPG) which includes Uswitch, money.co.uk and the Zoopla property portal. In 2018, US Private Equity firm Silver Lake acquired ZPG for £2.5bn. With Silver Lake’s backing, ZPG has an even stronger platform to drive disruption and improvements across the prop-tech sector.
1.2 Commercial Director
Hometrack’s analytics and insight tools inform critical decision making across the residential property ecosystem. They are trusted by banks and mortgage lenders as a source of fast, accurate and precise property data
85% of Hometrack revenue is being generated from financial services and capital markets: Large financial institutions (LFI’s), mortgage lenders, mortgage brokers, mortgage insurers, FinTech, financial regulators, private equity and commercial lenders.
The Commercial Director will be responsible for the financial services and capital markets vertical including sales, marketing, proposition and delivery. The Commercial Director reports into the MD Data Services and will sit on the Hometrack SLT.
- The Commercial Director must execute a commercial strategy designed to win market share and deliver accelerated revenue growth
- They must work autonomously to identify, develop and monetise new channels of revenue from across the financial services and capital markets vertical
- The Commercial Director must recruit, train, and inspire a team of subject experts capable of delivering their strategic vision, eventually extending beyond AVM into new and innovative data solutions
- Meet and exceed the financial targets for Hometrack including revenue, sales and costs to deliver strong P&L performance
- Define a three-year commercial plan including strategy, budget and forecast, working to estimate profitability and future market trends
- Execute the commercial strategy, leading sales, marketing, business development and customer services for the financial services and capital markets vertical
- Manage key account relationships and new business growth, creating mutually beneficial relationships across property technology market
- Develop and grow customer relationships, ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction while increasing the profitability of products and services delivered to mortgage lenders and large financial institutions
- Lead the commercial team including the Head of Account Management, Head of Business Development, and Head of Analytics, building and demonstrating a high-performance culture
- Develop and evolve the proposition, supporting the design of a three-year roadmap to deliver strong growth through innovation for the finance and capital markets vertical, while continually adapting the product to the needs of the market
- Ensure the strength of the proposition, the relevance of the data and the functionality that underpins it, always keeping Hometrack one step ahead of local and international competition
- Collaborate with dedicated data science, technology and software teams to deliver the best proposition for residential property analytics in the UK
- Identify new business opportunities and partnerships, developing new revenue streams and monetising 3rd party data relationships
- Provide thought leadership, become an evangelist for Hometrack and its products, public speaking, blogging, networking, events and other PR opportunities
1.4 The Candidate:
- 10-15 years of commercial experience in the financial services sector with significant exposure to the UK mortgage market
- A proven innovator with broad financial services or banking experience, a background in creating and building disruptive products for the financial services sector
- Extensive experience at senior and board level within consumer banking, proven ability to drive c-suite engagement and develop commercial relationships at the highest possible levels within the UK mortgage market
- Highly commercial, track record in sales leadership and building highly commercial teams, an inspiring executive, capable of adding intellectual value to complex sales processes and motivating others around them to do the same
- Outstanding commercial strategist, capable of delivering high levels of customer retention and profitable organic growth, a track record of launching new products and taking them to market
- Good understanding of the regulatory landscape impacting valuation services, including Basel and IFRS9 very desirable, experience of collateral risk management within the capital markets sector (e.g. securitisations, covered bonds) greatly desired
- Extremely high levels of numeracy and literacy, analytical by nature, strategic thinker, positive, professional, collaborative, charismatic, motivated and respected
- Graduate degree or Masters preferred, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or similar quantitative disciplines highly valued