Chief Product & Technology Officer
Based: Remotely with some travel to Edinburgh HQ
Reports to: James Varga, Chief Executive Officer
DirectID is a Global Credit Risk Platform that is redefining the industry for both lenders and their consumers by leveraging real-time bank data. Our platform uses Open Finance and bank statement data to help our customers better understand their customers, driving value across the credit risk lifecycle.
DirectID’s platform provides access to global bank data through over 13,000+ connections across 65 countries, supporting access to over 1.5bn people through one simple integration. Our risk models provide real-time answers to consumer queries such as affordability, income verification, expense categorization, cash flow, emerging financial distress, and much more.
We are a growing company, and we recognise we are not just building world-class products, we are building a world-class team and a set of sustainable practices that will deliver value as we scale. We believe that the best work comes from cross-functional, self-organising, and diverse teams that take ownership of their own processes and practices.
Established over ten years ago by CEO James Varga to capitalise on the emerging potential of PSD regulation, DirectID now has a customer base of top tier banks, consumer and business lenders, automotive manufacturers, law firms and gambling brands.
DirectID is a fast growing fintech with a strong product vision and ambitious growth objectives. Two years ago, DirectID partnered with investors Amadeus Capital and Six Thirty VC to solidify our lead position in the UK and continue our international expansion.
The Chief Product & Technology Officer will manage the product, engineering, and data science teams. They will be responsible for developing the features and functionality of the platform, delivering an exceptional customer experience, and helping to maintain a competitive advantage in the credit risk marketplace.
The Chief Product & Technology Officer will play a crucial role in shaping the DirectID strategy, using data, insights, and regulatory changes to advance the capabilities of the DirectID platform and the data science behind it. They will have an ongoing commitment to future iterations of the product, using customer feedback and product analysis to determine the best possible product roadmap.
The Chief Product & Technology Officer will manage and be responsible for the team maintaining the technology stack, ensuring optimal performance of the platform, and continuous service delivery for customers. As DirectID grows, they must plan and design the tech stack to be scalable and fit for purpose, not just for today but for years to come.
The Chief Product & Technology Officer will be an integral part of the Executive team and they will be expected to create, shape, and implement the strategy that takes DirectID through the next phase of growth.
- Own the product roadmap and technology vision, develop the capabilities of the platform to create value for customers and profitable revenue growth for DirectID
- Collaborate with the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Commercial officer in setting and driving the long term business plans of DirectID
- Gain knowledge of the customer by collaborating with customer success to create an informed product roadmap designed to win and retain revenue
- Translate the businesses strategy into actionable goals for platform and technology performance, managing budgets, forecasting, and reporting on all product and technology processes
- Partner with sales, marketing, customer success, HR, and operations to build a world-class credit risk platform and a modern, progressive working culture
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision, oversee employee productivity, build a highly inclusive team, build a team that thrives on accountability and success
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, talent retention, L&D and HR compliance
- Lead and demonstrate a culture of effective planning based on data, metrics and OKRs, measure and influence the results of the product, technology, and customer success teams
- Establish policies that promote a progressive company culture and vision, building a highly inclusive team that thrives on common objectives, leading from the front in all ways
- A hands-on, start-up or scale-up executive, with considerable experience building small teams to facilitate effective, profitable business growth and create value for shareholders
- A proven operator at C-suite or VP level in a fintech, lending, banking, credit risk, PaaS or DaaS environment, a commercially minded technologist with a broad business perspective
- Data centric, someone who has worked with data and SaaS products, is comfortable managing data science teams and data itself, qualifications in data science or AI/ML would desirable
- Effective communicator, able to translate the needs of customers into viable products and services, someone able to work closely with sales, marketing, and customer success to create positive feedback loops
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset, someone with a proven track record in PE or VC backed businesses, credible to customers and shareholders alike
- A futurist and a progressive technologist, someone who enjoys bringing disruptive product ideas to old established markets, some motivated by game changing ideas and technology
- Ambitious and hungry, someone who is motivated and high energy, curious by nature, a natural problem solver, tenacious, resourceful, fun, outgoing
- Someone who thrives on building effective relationships, and gets the best out of their teams and the people around them
A skilled leader who takes their team with them, sharing in successes and taking care when things go wrong, someone who enjoys leading by example