Business Development Director
This business is an award winning SAP consultancy. They work with the latest SAP technologies and products, cloud innovations, support services and S/4 HANA.
They have a world-class consulting team, SAP Gold partner status and extensive experience delivering hundreds of successful SAP projects for some of the UK’s highest profile companies.
This is a consulting firm with an outstanding reputation, a commitment to delivering excellent value for its clients and an award-winning approach to employees.
Their business is currently in an accelerated growth phase, and as such they have an ongoing commitment to delivering business-critical SAP projects with a focus on support and managed services.
Business Development Director:
As part of their continued growth strategy this business is hiring a Business Development Director (BDD) to lead new business SAP recurring revenue from support and managed services, across all sectors and opportunity types.
Primarily working within the new business function the BDD will be goal motivated and rewarded, able to work independently or through leading virtual teams and able to win SAP support and managed services contracts for the wider business.
The BDD will identify, define and network with potential SAP customers across the UK public and private sectors. Reporting directly to the Group Sales Director, the BDD will be responsible for designing and executing a new business sales strategy that will deliver profitable, sustainable growth and win market share from the SAP installed base marketplace.
The BDD will work with the existing pre-sales teams to shape the customer solution and product roadmap, utilising customer engagement and data to support their ideas.
• Build a network of executive level relationships across industry, public and private sectors, provide meaningful strategic advice intended to grow and win new SAP support and managed services business
• Opportunity development, management of the new business pipeline, presales and solution development designed to win and inspire customers, sales with a consultative solutions focus, dedicated commitment to solving the customer’s problem
• Developing strategic sales plans for new business opportunities and communicating plans with executive leadership, pre-sales, and the Solutions Architects
• Managing the new business sales process through qualification, needs analysis, product demonstration, negotiation, and close, monitoring customer satisfaction to ensure long term value added relationships result in recurring revenue contracts
• Responding to RFPs and tenders for SAP support contracts and managed services, promoting the business as the preferred partner of choice, attending events, being the visible face and name of the brand, public speaking where possible, blogging where appropriate
• Staying informed on issues impacting SAP products and sales by networking and communicating with community and business groups, key partners and suppliers
• Excellent SAP knowledge, a background in ERP strategy, methodologies and processes, deep understanding of selling SAP solutions and the challenges and complexities involved
• Ideally 10+ years’ experience in sales of complex business software / IT solutions including ERP and with an SAP focus or strong understanding of SAP
• SAP solution sales experience projects circa £1m – £10m in size, experience of developing multi-year recurring revenue solutions involving support and services
• Knowledge and experience of the sales process for consulting services, proven negotiating skills, the ability to inspire a shared vision across partner and client teams, outstanding communications skills and an ability to communicate and influence at all levels
• Experienced at leading bids, matrix managing within a team selling environment, demonstrated success with complex, long-cycle sales campaigns in a consultative and competitive market
• High levels of energy and drive, someone who thrives under pressure, strong business acumen, tenacious in nature, a professional, persuasive manner
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, very strong presenter, natural rapport and relationship builder