Location: Paris, France (with European travel)
Reporting To: Chief Operating Officer
The Company: http://www.openbravo.com/
Openbravo is a global POS and Retail Management Software vendor for agile retailing in the cloud. Thanks to its solutions the Company can enable mid-sized and large enterprise customers (consumer goods, pure play retailers, wholesalers) to unlock agility and innovation within their retail operations.
Hundreds of Openbravo customers operate its POS and Retail Management Software, in +60 countries with +16K users and +20K POS terminals
Openbravo robust POS and Retail Management Software is characterized by its superior flexibility, mobile-enabled technology platform, and the high reliability of its cloud infrastructure.
Core functionalities of the solution cover:
• Merchandise Planning & Distribution, Pricing, Promotions & Discounting
• Supply Chain Management, Purchasing and Inventory Management
• Omnichannel Commerce, Retail Mobile POS, eCommerce Integration, Order Management
• Retail Store Operations, Multi-store Management, Inventory and Pricing Management
Founded in 2006, Openbravo has offices in Barcelona, Pamplona, France, Mexico and India.
Openbravo has a unique value proposition, and as a growing business expanding into the wider European marketplace it needs to have a direct and proactive approach to customer engagement.
Openbravo needs to build collaborative commercial relationships with mid-market and speciality retailers within the French domestic markets, and with large multi-nationals planning to break or expand into emerging international territories i.e. India, China, Brazil etc.
As part of their continuing growth strategy Openbravo are hiring a Sales Director to lead all sales development activities within France, and new business from across the European retail marketplace.
The Sales Director will be the first hire for the French region, and can develop the opportunity into a senior leadership role over time by growing revenue, customer base and headcount.
Reporting directly to the COO, the SD (France) will be based in France, and responsible for pursuing and winning new business opportunities from across the retail ecosystem.
The Sales Director will initially be an individual contributor, with a mandate to target medium to large retail sales opportunities domestically, and internationally for French headquartered companies.
As the business evolves the Sales Director will also take responsibility for wider sales development activities across Europe, with a primary focus on specific named accounts.
• Acquire a deep knowledge of Openbravo solutions, products and services, becoming a subject matter expert in the Openbravo value proposition and its suitability for retail customers
• Continual research of customers and competitors, collaboration with marketing to generate sales data and leads, involvement in business events and public speaking where appropriate
• Building a strategic prospecting plan to ensure a full pipeline, driving steady growth from the France region by acquiring new customers, with focus on potential new business opportunities
• Building or utilising a personal network of executive level decision makers across the Retail marketplace, and offering meaningful, strategic advice on technology solutions that can improve their business operations in France and overseas
• Establishing and maintaining open communication with potential customers, understanding their key business challenges, and presenting Openbravo solutions as a differentiated response to those needs
• Participation in renewal of existing clients, collaboration with account management teams in the protection of existing revenue, while identifying growth opportunities from existing customers
• Grow revenue from the French retail marketplace, develop a team to win and deliver on projects, actively contribute to group strategy, and represent the French region to the senior leadership team
• Working closely with the Presales team to:
– Identify and define prospective customers needs and objectives, on a technical and business level
– Present Openbravo's features and benefits to the key decision makers, and bespoke the technical solution to the requirement of the customer
– Deliver first class product demonstrations (online and on site) to demonstrate the value of the Openbravo solution to its new and potential customers
• Forecasting revenue, maintaining accurate and timely reporting, engagement with and use of CRM and related systems, managing accounts receivables for their account portfolio
• 5-10 years’ experience of selling complex IT solutions and/or services within the Retail sector
• A proven track record of growing a territory, and consistently outperforming against new business targets
• Personal contacts across the Retail marketplace at decision maker level
• Experience of selling side-by-side with channel partners and local resellers
• Native or fluent French speaker is a must, experience of conducting complex business negotiations in French and English, knowledge of additional languages, particularly Spanish and/or Italian, a bonus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent presentation skills
• Available for extensive travel, primarily in Europe
• Strong negotiation skills, high standards of integrity and professionalism, people-oriented with excellent relationship building skills
• An understanding of software development and the development life cycle would be considered a bonus, any previous knowledge of Openbravo for Retail would be of great benefit
• Based in/or around Paris